Saturday 2 August 2014

Heart....... I'm On The Search

What Do I Want?

I thought about this question all day yesterday
Yet could not write
Or seem to search deep enough to hear my Heart speak truthfully

I feel the pressure with this one
Pressure to have some sort of sacrificial answer 
For what I Want

Answers like,  "I Want the world saved"
Or, "I Want everyone to have enough food to eat"
And
Although these things have a place in my Heart and thoughts
They are not the Wants that drive me everyday



My Heart finally did get a chance to be heard
Late last night
And I can't honestly say that I want to shout my answer from the rooftops

See
Last night was date night
Trev and I have had a really busy week
Like hi and bye and quick I love yous as we pass each other at the door, Kind of week
Needless to say I was Really looking forward to date night
And probably for alot of selfish reasons
I was lonely, my Love tank was empty
I wanted to hold the attention of my husbands mind for one night
Hear that I'm Beautiful
Have this Amazing connecting time..........
I felt the need to have our one night alone together 
To be Perfect and filling

What?
Expectations too high??

Ya, Trev felt the pressure I think
Our "Perfect Night" started and ended with me in tears
Because of my own perfectionism and fears
Anything Trev did or could have planned would not be enough
 Trevor, is once again left
Wondering what the heck was happening?

I decided to go on a walk to take a break from my emotions
As I was strolling by the lake
Trying real hard to breath deeply and calm the heck down!
Talk some sense into my irrational mind

I heard the question come up in my Heart again
What Do I Want?

Deep Deep Deep Down
What do you want Christina?
What drives you?
What Motivates you?
What fills you?

And all of a sudden
Reflecting on the nights "disappointing" events
My Hearts whisper began to become loud and clear to me

I Want Love
I Want to be the Object of Someones Delight
I Want to be a priority
I Want to be Beautiful
And Captivating

God, this is true isn't it
These are longings of my Heart that drive me
They are the purpose for so much that I do
They are the source of my greatest insecurity

These Wants
Have driven me to Your arms
Have caused me to run into the arms of another when Your voice seems silent
These Wants
Have prompted me to strive to please... Everyone!
Anyone who would find me worthy of Love and Delight 

In the inner-most part of Christina 
I have learned from a series of life experiences that I am 
Not
So Lovable
I am no one worthy of noticing
Just me, with no effort or striving is not so Beautiful
Not any ones priority and easily forgotten

Deep Deep insecurity
Sought to be hidden by
A spotless house........ when people come over
(Don't ever just show up at my door unexpected... I would freak!)
Hiding the mess and chaos of my life, stuffed into drawers and spare rooms
Hours in front of the mirror, both tearful and prideful 
Endless efforts to sculpt an acceptable body
A closet full of the latest fashions
Promising to get me "noticed"
Striving to be a great friend
"Being There" for anyone who needs me 
Schedules filled trying make everyone Like and Love me
making sure as to not disappoint even one
A perfect wife
Christian
Leader
Example as a woman

My past has scripted 
That when I fall short of my standard of perfection in one of these areas
Threatening someone seeing the real, imperfect, unlovable me
The impending doom of rejection
I have been so harsh with myself
Harbouring so much unforgiveness for not measuring up
I have starved myself
Abused my body and soul through binging and purging
I have spent many sleepless nights and many restless days
Reading, studying, learning
Trying and Trying to improve, fix and cover
This Mistake that I feel so strongly that I am 


All this
Because I Want to be Loved
All this 
Because I don't Believe I ever could be Just for who I am

See
I wanted my answer to this question 
What Do I Want?
To be a bit more admirable
Something that would scream 
Good Person 
or 
Inspiration

Instead, my answer is somewhat selfish 
And exposes a deep broken part of me 
Which has been a mislead motive for so much of my life choices

Oh, do I ever want these questions to be answered
Solidified by God's truth 
I Want so badly to Rest in the unshakablness of His answers
To my greatest needs 
I would like Nothing more than to be so secure in His Delight for me
That my eyes merely glance at myself, and are fixated on a world of adventure 

I know God is leading me on this path to Wholeness
Rooted and Grounded in His Love
It does take me allowing Him to expose these lies I believe on such a foundational level
And welcoming His Truth to come and Heal my Heart

When my basic Wants for Love are settled in Truth
My Wants seem to change
I Want community 
Family
To gather with an army of Women and oppose the darkness
I Want to laugh
To Create
To Love other young girls and speak into their Hearts
Tell them they are Beautiful 
And Worthy of So much Love
I Want to Give
To encourage
To Bless
I Want to see the world with Trevor
Have Fun with him on crazy adventures
I Want to experience God
Walk out his Heartbeat
Stay in His arms day and night
I Want to hear His voice
Live in His presence
Do life with His people
I Want to see his word come to life all around me
I Want to share absolutely every ounce of life I experience
 With 
Absolutely everyone
I Want our Hearts and our home to be filled with children 
Who ache for God's Love expressed through a Daddy and Mama

Ha ha
I have alot of Wants
I have alot of areas of growth still 
I have some cracks in my foundation
Some fears
Questions
Dreams
Tender parts of my Heart

I also have a Really Big Dad
Who began a good work in me
And will carry it out to completion

His Love is the only solidness I stand on







No comments:

Post a Comment